Recently, Professor René Jr. Landry from the Department of Electrical Engineering of ÉTS has obtained a Collaborative Research and Development grant (CRD) from NSERC and co-funded by CRIAQ with a budget over $1.8M. The four-year research project will be conducted in collaboration with four industrial partners (MDA, Nutaq, ATEM and Telesat). The project is entitled “Interference Mitigation in Satellite Communications” and will focus on finding practical solutions to the growing problems of radiofrequency interferences to geostationary satellites. The impact of the research can be applied to future generations of satellites and ground receivers related to space technologies in both civilian and military applications.
This collaborative research project will be conducted in close collaboration with six other team members from four universities at Montreal in addition to ÉTS :
- Long Le (Professor at INRS)
- Wessam Ajib (Professor at UQAM)
- Jean-Jacques Laurin (Professor at École Polytechnique)
- Chahé Nerguizian (Professor at École Polytechnique)
- Yousef Shayan (Professor at Concordia University)
- Omar Yeste (Institutional Researcher at ETS)